Wednesday, March 09, 2011

We woke up to over two inches of snow and it was still falling.    It did not really let up until close to Noon.  We were not plowed until just before noon either, but we had decided that I would just wait until the roads in Tallgrass were plowed before I went to do the grocery shopping.  

So I left after lunch and my nap, such as it was.  I think I finally did doze a bit but not much.  Shopping went well.  The roads were OK but the parking lot at the Pig was kind of gooshy.  It was a mildly inexpensive trip this week.   Always a pleasure.

Today is Ash Wednesday, a day of fast and abstinence in the Catholic Church.   As I am well over 59 years old, I don't really have to fast but am going to avoid eating anything between meals during Lent anyway.  The hardest part will be giving up the canapes that Dick and I enjoy together with a glass of wine before supper.

  Now that I put it in writing, I am really stuck.

Last thing this evening was the Mass and the distribution of ashes at church.  It was  lovely service.  The children's choir sang and were very good.   I finally got to see Kate.   I was so glad to see her.  Things have been rough for her lately and she has missed all the sharing things.  BUT she is going to the Gathering in Galena at the end of April and is planning on walking on St. Patrick's Day.

Pray for her friend and our neighbor who has breast cancer and is going through chemo.   At least they are doing chemo.   At first they felt that there was nothing they could do so this is encouraging.

Bless you all

Mary

No comments: