Monday, March 14, 2011

Today has been a blessed day.  The trouble is that  I am telling you about the day after two glasses of wine.

Are you ready.

Bible Study was really very special.   We discussed Psalm 145, fascinated by the concept of God as both male and female and then into John 1 - 18 which I had not realized was probably a hymn from the time of Christ.  I need to think about that. I always feel that a hymn is best received if it is sung.

I left from there to Mother's house.   We took care of all of her bills and things that needed to be done.  We still had a bit of time to visit.   I hate to be restricted as to time with my Mom but life deals the cards and I had to stop at Walgreens and went to Sy Regan's house to pick up a spear that he made for me.

I got an email from Sy about a week ago telling me that he had discovered Queen Maeve's spear in the corner of his workshop.   We decided that I really needed it before the Irishman's Walk on March 17.    He was gone to the dentist today, but left the spear for me  on his front porch.   I cannot begin to tell you the beauty of that spear and what it means to me.    I will be carrying it in the Irishman's walk and will have a picture for you.   I will also be wearing a Connamara Shawl which should convey a message of the history of the Irish.  

This spear touches me.  Sy really went all out for me and for my story.   Thank you Sy.   You are a special person.  My prayers will include you for your understanding.


God love  you

Mary

No comments: