Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day.   And a wonderful day it was.    

I slept until almost 7aM because I spent last night at 52 Stafford until almost 9PM.   I met Jeff and Kathy there a bit before 7PM so that I could enjoy a night of music by Blarney.   I don't know how much you know about Blarney but they are a musical group that we have enjoyed for more years than I can count.   Last year one of their members, Chuck Ward, died of cancer but the remaining two are still performing and doing a very commendable job.  I purchased their most recent CD.  As I told them, I do have and old 33.  They laughed and said they had found a whole bunch of them down in one of their basements.  Ran into a lot of friends there.   Nancy Roehre and her friend Warren were there.   I also met Joan Brighan's sister who I found out is married to a Wieser and Wiesers are relatives of Zieglers an therefore relatives of ME.    I have to gather up the information that I have on them for Joan's sister.  Her son Louie was there and I told him that he had better find a bride outside of Sheboygan County as everybody here is related.

This morning I left close to 9:30AM to meet the Celtic Women at the Exchange Bank.    I had a cup of tea and their last scone.   It was quite good and kept me going during the parade.   We had a meeting at the Exchange Bank then walked or carpooled up to the Family Video for the Irishman's Walk back to 52 Stafford.   I wore my Connemara Shawl and carried the spear that Sy "found" in his workshop.   What a lovely day again.  This is the third year that the weather has been good for us.    With the winter we had I think we should be very grateful.

I am too tired tonight but will check my pictures to see if I have one of me in my shawl and with my spear.   My friend Jan came from Milwaukee and walked with us and joined us for lunch.   (I had a lovely corned beef sandwich with mashed potatoes.)  She brought the pictures of me in Dublin with the corn snakes that we were introduced to by a resident of Dublin and his sons.   I definitely will share them with you.

So a day done and a nice St. Patricks day indeed.  Hope yours was as much fun.

God love you

Mary

No comments: