Saturday, March 19, 2011

Another week over.    Can you believe it?

This morning, I got up between 6:30AM and 7AM to be ready to go to pick up SHARE at 9AM.   Dick and I had scrambled eggs for breakfast.   Dick couldn't eat anything crunchy because of the antibiotics in his tooth. 

I also had to get the corned beef in before I left because it needed to cook for at least three hours.  

Got a good selection of food from SHARE.  Chicken, ham for sandwiches, frozen pasta, fish, potatoes, red onions, oranges, apples, and grapefruit.

Then Bobbie and Bill came to see us shortly before lunch for the corned beef dinner which was really really good.   As I think I said, I will never buy a prepared brisket myself again.   It is so easy to prepare your own and it is so much better.

Bill changed the light bulbs in the kitchen.   They were all kind of lit but were fading and flickering.  So now I can see in the kitchen again.   Yippee.

I went to Mass at 4PM and was Eucharistic Minister.   I love that job.   It is so good to be able to present the sacrament to the other members of the community.

Tonight we were watching a show on El Toro Marine Base in Irvine California.   That base was still open when my boys were little and we got to tour it a couple of times.    Did you know that they had hangers on that base that were so big that under the right circumstances it would actually rain inside of them?

How does one dismantle something like that?

God love you.  Until tomorrow

Mary

No comments: