Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A pretty typical Wednesday.    I got up before 7AM because it is grocery shopping day.  We had grapefruit (I got two from SHARE and was it ever good) and a sweet roll for our breakfast. 

Shopping went very well.  I got some pretty good deals, including a bag of Texas grapefruit.    Hope it is the season because that is the best.    California naval oranges and Texas grapefruit and Wisconsin sweet corn.   Heaven on a plate.

I went to the bank to take care of a couple of things and then, as a last stop, drove to Advanced Eye Care with my Drivers Liscence renewal form to have Dr. Cheryl completer the eye section for me.   I have to renew by my birthday, May 21.   I figure I will go next month.

Home again, I put all the groceries away and spent the day fixing a wonderful fish dinner.   (Actually the fish was frozen flounder and was not bad but was not good either.   As Dick said, he would not turn it down if it was offered but would not order it.)  I prepared cauliflower and hash browns too.

Then I tried to take a nap because I went to the Poetry Circle that Karl Elder from Lakeland College hosts during the winter and spring months at Mead.   I have been picking up Sy Regan, a friend that I am sure I have mentioned before.  His relationship with me goes back to before I was born.   My Dad was his Scout master and Sy spent most of his life in Scouting, he may still be active in it for all I know.    He is also a woodcarver and made me my Queen Maeve spear.   Sy is almost blind and I am pleased to be able to be his driver to this monthly event that he enjoys and we enjoy together.   Tonight Kate Herman went with us.  I think she enjoyed it a lot.

I read my "Hag" poem which you cannot hear yet because I may do something with it.

It was an exciting meeting.  Did we ever hear some good work!   AND they treat my work with seriousness which makes me feel that it is not all for nothing.


Now we are winding down.   Tomorrow I will be home all day and have a lot of things that need to be taken care of.

Be good and take care of yourself.



Haiku

As I now see it.
The trouble with winter is
Slushy Icky Snow.

Love
Mary

No comments: