Tuesday, March 29, 2011

It was nice to be home all day.   I had to get up before 7AM because it is trash day, but I had a pretty good night/s sleep anyway.

I spent about an hour and a half downstairs, ironing fabric and cutting out a bit for future blocks.   I should be able to do some more on Thursday and then get to sewing again.   The prep is the tedious part.

I spent a bit of time working on the genealogy,  mainly on Grandma Deeley's family.   I figured out who Auntie Brandl was.   Mother and I were trying to determine that on Monday.   She was Grandma Deeley's mother's sister Walburga.   She married a man named John Brandl.   Aunt Helen remembers her coming to visit the Deeleys and being very old and hunched over and this would fit age wise.

I also copied several newspaper articles about my uncles during WWII.  I will put one of them on after I finish this.   Uncle Jack, Joseph Deeley, was in an article by Ernie Pyle, which was incorporated in his book Brave Men.   I was able to copy the article that Ernie Pyle wrote with Uncle Jack's picture.  Wow.

So that was my day.


A good one.

Take care of yourself.

And God love you

Mary

No comments: