Friday, November 05, 2010

Well,this tuned out to be a strange day.

Started off a little weird.   Jody, the housekeeper, did not get here until almost 8:30AM.  I was beginning to think I should call Bonnie, her boss, as Jody has had health problems and we were a bit worried.  But she just dozed off and did not wake up as soon as she expected.  Whew.  She is an excellent housekeeper and we don't want to lose her.


I left at about 9:45AM.  I had to stop at Walgreens to pick up a prescription for Mother.  While I was there I saw that hearing aid batteries were on sale so I bought them too.   When I got to Mom's we left right away for her appointment with Dr. Hancock.   This was her yearly physical.   He checked everything.   He left her meds much the same.    Her blood pressure was a bit high when she got there but dropped to normal before he rechecked it.   A good thing.   He felt that she is a little pale but assured her that her weakness is PROBABLY because she is a year older.   He ordered urine and blood tests which we left before we went home.

By then it was after 12pm.  We were hungry.   I called Dick and told him to eat the half of a Tuna Sandwich that I had brought home from Antoinettes yesterday.    Mom and I picked up a Dairy Queen Grill Sandwich meal.   That is a BIG sandwich plush french fries and a coke.    We shared one.   Dick and I always share fries and I never finish the whole sandwich.   I don't know what those restaurants are thinking.   The one meal was more than enough for Mother and me.   We forced ourselves to finish the fries because there were just a few left after we were really done.

We are all caught up on the things that I need to do for her and I got to read Nora's letter sent JUST before she and Leif headed for France.   Such a great trip.    George and Betsy should be home from Argentina .   We will have so many adventures to be sharing.   Jeff and Kathy are in Branson.


We ate leftover hamburger helper for dinner.  (Dick is always happy with noodles.)  Now it is time to wind down and get ready for bed.   I ironed the 9 patches that I have sewed together for the lap robe and will square them up in the next couple of days.  I am going to make a disappearing 9patch,    New for me.  I will take a picture to share with you when it is done.

 Tomorrow is quiet.   I do want to to to Hallmark to take advantage of some specials.   I also will go to Mass at 4PM because Sunday is the day that Bobbie, Bill and I go to the Fireside to see the CHILD.  I am so excited about that.

God love you

Mary

No comments: