Sunday, October 31, 2010

Such a nice Sunday.  It was cool, dry and still as far as the weather.    I went for a nice walk at about 10AM.  I am not going too far and intend to increase the distance week to week.  It is strange walking without my sweet little Chelsea to lead the way and tell me when to stop and smell the roses.  I guess I just have to find my own roses to smell.

We decided to celebrate Halloween with Halloween food.  Dick picked Chili Dogs.   And I made a special treat.   Deviled Eggs.   Eyeballs.   I died the filling with some green food coloring and then put rip olive slices on them.    Fun  Fun Fun.

Again - We did not have one single trick or treater.   I always get one bag of treats just in case.   So we have a bag of Snickers I think I will take some to bible study tomorrow.

The Packers won again today.   Yippee!  I was in a win win situation.  They were the underdog.   NOBODY thought they would win.  I was tough and stuck to my system so - If they won, which they did - I was happy. But if they had lost, I would have gotten points in my Fantasy football league.   I am really glad that the Packers won.  It was worth the points.
\
I finished my name tag for the Kettle Country Quilters today.   I decided that 8 months is long enough.  They would be laughing at me if I did not finish it as Toni, who I introduced to the group last month has hers done.

And she has not yet officially joined as far as I know.So a new week has begun.  And a new month.    This is a month of Thanksgiving too.   Bobbie is cooking Thanksgiving Diner for the Kunerts.   All six of us.   I will be making a pumpkin pie and I already made cranberry relish. 

I sure will be glad to be rid of the political ads as of Tuesday.    I will be voting when I go to Quilt Club.  Dick is all set up for absentee ballets.   From now on, he should receive a ballot a couple of weeks before the election unless he misses one

It is definitely getting colder and there if a chance of light snow at the end of the week.  I am also starting to feel better.   My side hardly hurt at all today.   I will see if I can sleep on that side this week.

Take care and I love you all.

God bless you

Mary

No comments: