Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Well,   my ribs were just a bit more sore this morning, but not enough to be miserable.   I must have pushed a bit too much yesterday.   It is so hard to not do the things that I see need doing.

Today was just gorgeous.  A perfect Autumn day,  the sun felt warm through the pleasantly cool air. 

I was home all morning.   Did a bit of housework, desk work and kitchen work.   Then we had lunch.

Shortly after lunch, I took off and did my civic duty.    I voted.    Dick had sent his absentee ballot in a week or so ago, so for better or worse, we have expressed our opinion.    Now we need to see how the chips fall.

I went directly from city hall to the library for the Kettle Country Quilters meeting..   We had a short meeting at the library.    We just had our announcements and show and tell and picked up the pattern for the second last square for this year's block of the month.  I have decided to make the blocks into a blanket for my half of the bed.   Dick does not like to have a blanket on so a smaller quilt would be very practical and useful.  Then we went over to the place on Factory Street  where Linda Wieck has established her Camo Quilting "factory" for making quilts for our servicemen overseas.    We went to help, but by the time Linda gave us the tour of the place and their history, I had to get home.    It is an amazing enterprise.   You should read more about it.  Check http://dma.wi.gov/dma/news/2009news/quilt.asp.   Linda has established shops all over the state and in several other states.   To date, they have made and distributed over 7000 camo quilts to all divisions of the armed forces and are expanding and continuing to pump them out.    What an inspiration.   All of the work is volunteer and the whole thing runs on donations.

Home again, I called Kate to tell her that I had a catalog for the Tupperware Party that I had told her about.  I can't go but we both wanted some things from Tupperware.   So I zipped over to Kate's and watched her and Patty cut out leaves for a Cornucopia and shared a cup of hot chocolate with them.   We have our order all done now.

Now we have supped and I am watching Dancing with the Stars which will end just about when the election returns start coming. in. 

Richard and Brenda called and we discussed the general feelings we all have about these elections.    EEEEUUUUUUU!  seems to be the consensus.   We will just have to hope that we voted to the benefit of all.   We all did the best we could and will find out as time goes on, how wise the choices were.

So another day that can change history.   Seventy years has brought many of them.  This is one of the little ones, at least at the onset.

I am really excited about the Fantasy Football.   I am still standing in the Survivor one and am number 5 in points in the big one.   As we get closer to the middle, it is getting more and more exciting.

God love you all   - I do

Mary

No comments: