Monday, November 22, 2010

Nice morning.    We are now studying Psalms in the bible study and are finally through the introduction and kind of understand how the new books work.    We will definitely have a lot to discuss as the Psalms are poems and hymns that come from the Old Testament and we will be figuring out how they relate to us, thousands of years later.     People haven't changed that much and we are discovering this even this early in the study.


Then I went to Mother's for our visit.  I had some food for her today.    A pork tenderloin dinner, a stuffed mushroom and a piece of lemon meringue pie.    We had such a nice visit and I put the stuffed mushroom in the oven to go with her chicken dinner from Donna for her lunch.

Before I left, I went out into the garage to look at Jeff's deer.   It is a nice big buck.  Randy put some ice in the cavity today because it was a bit warmer than he liked.   

I called Mother this evening and she had absolutely wonderful news from George.   Shawn's Becky is expecting a baby.   We LOVE hearing about babies and this will be a loving home for any little one.  

Dick and I had pork and gravy sandwiches and cauliflower for our lunch.  I took the cookies I baked for the Plymouth History Museum cookie sale over to the museum.    I visited a bit with Carol Meyer and Jeff Krueger, an appraiser, was there.   Had not seen him in 10 years or so.   That was nice.

Home again, I tried to nap, couldn't sleep.  So after I rested for a while, I got up and apent a bit of time cleaning out part of the garage and gathering the trash up to put out tomorrow.  Hope it isn't raining then.  I have cardboard this week.

Tomorrow, I am home all day, the Good Lord willing, and I can get things buttoned down and spruced up for Thanksgiving.     We sure are looking forward to the family time.

So.  Have a peaceful sleep and a great tomorrow




God love you


Mary







The quote of  the month is by Jay Leno: 'With hurricanes,  tornados, fires out of control, mud slides,  flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to the other, and with the threat of swine flu and terrorist attacks, 'Are  we sure this is a good time to take God out of  the Pledge of Allegiance?'

No comments: