Friday, November 26, 2010

I know that Bobbie missed my post yesterday and I hope some others of you did too.   The day just stretched too long.   A very good day.   Richard was checking out my computer ( he and Brenda are so good to check and fix my problems)

But.  Lets start with yesterday.   Thanksgiving was really a lovely day.   It was  a bit  damp and chilly.   I went to mass at 9AM as I did not have to fix dinner and it seemed a proper way to give thanks on this (really) non religious but national day of thanks.

Dick and I had a nice quiet morning and lunch.   We watched the New England/ Detroit football game and to my delight New England won.   Actually all three of my chosen teams for Thanksgiving day won.   I am secure in the survivor league for one more week.  Now if 13 more of my choices would win, I would be back on top for sure.

Bobbie got her at about 3PM with all the fixin's for the wonderful Thanksgiving turkey dinner and got right to work.  She spatchcocked the turkey.   Now that is something for you to wonder about.   Look up Spatchcock and it will tell you.   The turkey cooks much faster than it would whole.  

Richard and Brenda got here at about 4:30PM.  We all enjoyed a glass of wine and some hor d oerves along with catching up on each other while dinner finished.   What a meal.   We had the turkey, stuffing, mashed golden  potatoes, squash casserole, peas, salad  and cranberry relish, and more.   We stuffed ourselves, then had a glass of champagne and stuffed ourselves more on hazelnut and pumpkin pies.

Dick was not feeling too well, but napped and was able to rejoin us for most of the evening.

Anyway, Richard was checking things out on my computer and it got after 9PM and I could not stay awake any longer so I went to bed.

This morning, I got up at about 6:30AM.  Roxie started bugging me at about 4:30AM.   But I did not feed her until 6an then I went back to bed for a bit.  I had prepared a Strata for our breakfast.   Jody came to clean at about 8AM and Bobbie got here just before 9Am.

Richard, Brenda, Bobbie, Dick and I had our breakfast at about 9:30.  We had the strata, toast, grapefruit and cranberry bread.   Quite tasty and I had some to take to Mother and some left for our breakfast tomorrow.   Bobbie and I left for Mom's to help butcher the deer at about 10AM.

It was quite a job.  There were four pretty good sized deer and we finally finished the job at 4:30ish.   The guys were nice enough to give Bobbie and me a full share to divide.   We were delighted.  We love getting the meat and really use it but we go mainly because we enjoy being with the guys and helping with the butchering.   May seem odd to you but we like them and the fun.

So that is what has been happening the past couple of day.   The next two are quiet.   Tomorrow, my only out of home venture will be church and perhaps a walk.  Sunday is a total - at home day.

BUT -- I am going to make the peanut butter buckeyes this weekend.   Thanksgiving is the beginning of the season for us.

Take care until tomorrow.

God love you

Mary

No comments: