Sunday, August 22, 2010

What a day.   Irish Fest again.

I got up a bit after 5AM to get showered, take care of the critters,  see that Dick was OK for his meals and just generally get ready for the day.

Had one difficult event.  When I got ready to feed Chelsea, who was sleeping when I woke up, she started to just fall apart.  She woke up and tried to stand up.  She immediately slipped flat on to her belly just splayed out.  She looked very upset and then began coughing really badly.  Her little hear was going like a tom tom.   It  took a couple of events before she settled down.   Poor baby.   Dick said that she slept the rest of the day, except when our neighbor Dick, came to take her outside. 

I then left for my friends Joan and Richard Kramer's home.  They had kindly said that I could ride down to Irishfest with them and another friend, Dorothy Rose.  The three of them were volunteers to be ushers for various groups at the Mass.  The preceding bishop was John  McAreavey , the bishop of Dromore in Northern Ireland.  He was an excellent preacher, speaking from his own heart.  He spoke of the emigration and that he had reconnected with the descendants of people that her had only heard about as having gone.  One of his cousins, just this year, was able to come to Ireland to the very place that his great grandfather had been born.   How special is that.   Our roots are so important.

I will have to tell you more tomorrow and beyond.   I am so proud of myself.   I stayed calm the whole two days.   I kind of decided to go to certain things and not worry about that I might possible be missing.   The most important thing for me this weekend was the time I got to spend with my friends.   Almost quality time, considering all of the confusion going on around us.  And my friends, most of them artists, were trying to present their work and be available for marketing their creations.   I saw Cindy Matyi, Pat Gallagher, Mary Pat Kelly, Robbie O Connell and Jimmy Keane.   I also got to meet Steve O Laughlin and Jan Delyth, two other member of the Celtic Art Exhibit.

Anyway, time for bed.  Tomorrow I will put some pictures on the blog along with my post.

Love you all

And God loves you too.

Mary

No comments: