Monday, August 23, 2010

The day has gotten away from me again.   I got up at 7AM.   (Of course, that was after two times outside with Chelsea during the night.)

Had Bible Study this morning.   There were 6 of us today.   A nice group.   We are still on the 15th Chapter of Mark.   Mary, our summer member, says that at the rate we are going she thinks we will be still working on Mark when she comes back next spring.   (There are only 16 chapters.)  We take our time though and really get in to it.   We are learning so much about the time of Jesus and today's discussion really got into the political atmosphere of that time.   Then we did a bit of bringing it to our time.  It is interesting that the Chief Priest of that time was appointed from the members of the Sanhedrin by the Romans - So though he was a Jew, he definitely profited from balancing his allegance.

Had a nice visit with Mother before heading home.   Then I called the eye doctor's office and found out that Mother is just being evaluated by Dr. Mandel on Wednesday, we were under the impression that they were going to do a procedure and we were making arrangements for somebody being with her the rest of the day, at least.

Now, a little more about Irish Fest before I go to bed.   I was listening to a bit of Jeff Ward's Band singing when I looked over and saw Kathy, one of our Sheboygan County members also watching.   We hooked up for a while.   I went over to see Mary Pat to be able to say Hi one more time and wish her well, then we ambled over to the Cultural Village as I wanted to pay for a print that I bought for a gift from Steve O'Loughlin, one of the Celtic Artists that came along with Cindy Matyi.   While Kathy and I were visiting with Cindy, Maureen Smith called.  She was next door in the Hedge school.   We watched a couple of the classes in the Hedge School, one on the influence of the Scots Irish in the U. S.   and the other on the Titanic, specifically a Belfast project, building a Titanic Museum.  The Titanic was built in Belfast and the museum sounds absolutely super.

We then moved over to listen to Tommy Sands.   I had really wanted to see his show and it was SO worth it.   I really want some of his music.   At this point, I have ONE song of his, as a guest singer on the Women's Heart Trilogy.

I till finish up tomorrow and I promise to get pictures on also. 

Take care of yourselves and each other.

God love you

Mary

No comments: