Friday, August 27, 2010

This has been a good day and a bad day.   Chelsea has had a very uncomfortable day.   It started off OK for HER anyway.  She got me up at 11PM, then again at 3AM and then again at 5:45am.   At that point, I stayed up because it was too much trouble to get them fed and everything else done and then go back to bed.  She loved her morning walk, and as it was cool and dry, I did too.  

I spent the morning finishing up lots of things on the computer, washing towels and doctoring Dick's eye.   Then after fixing lunch for Dick, I went to lunch at Dairy Queen with my friends.  That was pleasant, we will not meet next week because it is the Labor Day weekend.

Dick's eye was itching today, so he called Dr. Cheryl about that.   She gave us a prescription to fill if it continues to itch but says it may be just the fact that the abrasion is healing.   We will hope for that.   It seemed less uncomfortable for him this afternoon.

I picked up corn for supper on my way home from lundh, then took our Chelsea out for a walk.  I started talking to neighbors next door, Don and Jan.   Chelsea was kind of roaming around on that berm under the hazelnut tree and nibbling on various plants when suddenly she just tumbled down the berm. She rolled down and landed on the driveway.

She seemed stiff but has become more sore as time goes on.   I gave her the pain pills early but it took three hours for her to stop pacing and lie down.   I think she is sleeping now and hope she will be able to sleep it off.   I am sure she is bruised or perhaps tore something.  It seems to be in back of her right front leg though earlier she was sensitive by her left front leg.  If she can sleep for several hours, I am hoping that this will help her,  I am not waking her when I go to bed.   She will come to get me when she needs to and then I will give her another pain pill.  Poor little baby just keeps looking at me to help her and I can't.   I DID call the vet but they said with the meds that I had given her there was nothing more that they would do at this point.

So.   We will see what tomorrow brings.  At least the weekend is quiet.  

Pray for us.   Things are piling up again.

Til tomorrow.

God love you

Mary

No comments: