Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Tuesday is always easier.   Would you believe that Chelsea did not wake me up until 5AM?   So I took her out and shut the door to the bedroom.   I got up at 7AM.  (Frankly, I think I could have stayed for another two hours.) Chelsea and Roxie were very glad to see me.  I fed the kitty and took Chelsea for a nice walk.   She is a bit subdued.  I think the heavy, humid air combined with her arthritis has her slowed down.

When I order her next pills, I will see if there is anything I can give her for the discomfort in her hips.

I made several phone calls and emails and did some cooking and laundry this morning.   This afternoon, I went to the Kettle Country  Quilt Guild here in Plymouth.   We head a really nice meeting.  I joined them in February and this month, I intend to be all caught up on our Block of the Month by next meeting.  I only am two behind.   I think it will be an interesting quilt when I am done as I am fussy cutting kitties in the middle of the pieced blocks.  As usual, I am constructing the quilt as I go along.

Got a call from Leslie this afternoon, to let us know that she and Bill were back safely to their little nest in Bossier City.  The temperature is way over 100 degrees but as she said, it is home and they turned the air on immediately to get the house so they can be comfortable.   What a lovely visit.   I hope that these visits with these special children will be continuing at reasonable intervals.  It is strange to have our children living so far away.   We need to have our hug "fixes"  as often as possible.

God love you

Hare a great night and Wednesday.

Mary

No comments: