Monday, August 02, 2010

Hi There!   We had our usual eventful Monday.   I got up at about 6:15AM.   I was awakened, this time by both critters and since I had to be out and about by 9, it was practical to get up then anyway.

There were 7 of us at Bible Study.   We are getting closer to the Crucifixion part of Mark's Gospel.   Next week we will be delving into the betrayal by Judas.   We spent the first 10 or 15 minutes discussing where we are going next.    We have decided to do a Little Rock study of Psalms.  It will be a new adventure for us.   A new format and a study guide comes with it.   We want to do the study questions together as we are not intending to be spending hours outside of our being together getting ready for the meeting.

Mom was doing well this morning.   She really enjoyed the visit with Leslie and Bill yesterday.   They had a lot to talk about.   Mom is always so interested in other parts of the country and Bill and Les are very good about sharing.     Mom and I took care of a couple of her bills today.   She is doing pretty much what Helen was doing towards the end.   It is hard for her to see,  so she checks the bills as they come in and has me or Jeff write out the checks, then she signs them and we get them in the mail.    I think that anyone that is her age needs a secretary anyway.

Got home in time to fix lunch.   We had the leftovers from our wonderful dinner at Nino's last night.   Then I took a little nap.   I caught up on phone calls and emails this afternoon and did a couple of loads of wash.

The Rhine meeting was tonight.   On September 18, we are hosting a Micro Brewery Beer Tasting Event at the Fairgrounds.  from 2 to 6PM.   We will have at least 30 different micro brews there.   Admission is $35.  This includes all the samples you want, a souvenir glass and snacks.   There will be a lot of fun things going on so we are hoping for a nice profit.   I have tickets if anybody wants to go.


Finally, I am home.   and ready to go to bed.   I just have to water the pets, fix my coffee pot and take my night pills.

Tomorrow will be much quieter.

Hope your week is full but peaceful.

God love you

Mary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site marymom.blogspot.com
Is this possible?