Sunday, August 01, 2010

All of the exciting parties are over for a while now.   We were able to get let down easily today with a bit more visiting with Richard and Brenda and Leslie and Bill.   How nice is  that?

Chelsea did not wake me up until about 4AM.  Then I went back to bed and finally got myself up at 7AM.  Roxie had been bugging me for about an hour but Chelsea was still sleeping.  Chelsea and I had a nice walk.   We did not go too far because she was dragging a bit.   But she had a good time out there as usual.

Then I showered and cut up some fruit for the brunch we had later in the morning and went to the 9:30AM Mass.   A very nice mass. 

When I got home at about 10:30AM, Richard and Brenda were upstairs enjoying their coffee and juice and Bill and Leslie arrived shortly afterward.   I scrambled a bunch of eggs with onion, chives and cream cheese to go with the fruit and toast, scones and barm brack.   So we had a really nice brunch and visit   A nice time for Richard and Leslie to catch up. 

Richard and Brenda headed back to Madison about 1:30PM or so.   Then Leslie, Bill and I drove over to Sheboygan Falls to have a visit with Mother.  She is still so tired but seemed very good to me and we all had a lovely visit.   Leslie had not seen her since the girls were baptized, about 15 years ago and Bill had never met her.  We told her about the reunion and Bill and Leslie shared information about Louisiana so it was a busy conversation.

Then, on the way back home, we stopped at Kris's Cheese to Please on Highway 57 so Les and Bill could get some good cheese to take back with them.   I picked up a couple of nice additions to our supply, notably a Gormandise Spread with nuts that is really really good.   I will wow Dick with it tomorrow.

We got back to the house close to 5PM, fed the critters and headed to Nino's.   Leslie and Bill wanted to take us out for dinner and they love Ninos.   We do too had had not been there since Dick was hospitalized so it was a real treat for all four of us.    A super way to end their visit.   They will be heading back to Louisiana tomorrow morning and as they are staying in Mequon (would you believe that because of the EAA in Oshkosh, that was the closed place they could find a hotel?)  But they liked the hotel and there was a farmers market across the street where they were able to stock up on corn and other veggies.    I added one of Jeff and Kathy's wonderful zucchini and a yellow squash or two to their veggie stash.

Such a great visit,  great reunion and all around great weekend.  I will be smiling again for the next couple of weeks.

Tomorrow will be a typical first Monday of the month.  Bible Study, a visit with Mother and then Rhine Plymouth in the evening.   Hopefully I will be able to get pictures of the reunion in the computer and post a couple.   That is always fun.

God love you and have a fun, happy and healthy week.

Mary

No comments: