Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Today was hectic.  Thank heavens tomorrow will be much quieter.

I started out by going grocery shopping early this morning.   That went very well.  I was home before 9AM and got everything put away quite easily.

Then at 10 AM, I drove out to Rhine Plymouth to shoot league.  Boy, was that a disaster.  I had a lot of fun BUT I shot terribly.  I was behind and high on almost every shot.  I got the lowest score I have gotten since the first year I shot.   Oh Well, Next week I will figure it out and do better.

Dick and I had pizza for our lunch and then I took a short nap before going out to Rocky Knoll for the Amputee Support Group meeting.    I will be dropping out or that, I think I mentioned that before.   The speaker that came from  the Green Bay branch of the state's Options for Independent Living.  She is Dinah Federer .  Dinah has been disabled herself since birth and has worked for years in rehab before she went into Options.   She is starting an advocacy group in Sheboygan County.   When Dinah talked to us before, it was about the book she called "Chasing Normal"   Which is kind of a Guide for disabled people and those who love them.  She was, again, very interesting, and I have some new ideas on things that are useful for disabled people.   Did you know that there is an oven that the door opens from the side so that a person can reach in and not reach over the door?

So it was very busy today.  There was a little bit of a shower this morning but it cleared up quickly and became very muggy and warm. 

 So, until tomorrow.   Be healthy and happy.

God love you

Mary


               

No comments: