Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I DID get to stay home all day today.

I did get a lot done.   Chelsea was not happy with one of my projects.   She was just black around her neck so I decided that with the Kunert Family Reunion this weekend, she should look GOOD.  

So.   She got a bath.  I am not sure if she has forgiven me yet , but she looks beautiful.    I think I should take her over for Mother to see her.  Mother is always amazed at how white she is.

Roxie was goofy today too.  She went storming through the living room like a herd of elephants a short while ago.  Now she is sleeping.   I wish I could get her a companion.  I know she misses Oscar.

I finished an applique block for the Quilt Club that I belong to.   Now, if I can get the pieced square done by Monday, I will be caught up to the rest.   I joined the club when they were one or two ahead of me so had was behind.    I started a couple of other sewing things too.  Thursday is supposed to be an at home day and I believe I can finish the block and the hemming that I want to do.

Tomorrow will be busy again.   I have to shop, shoot and go to the Amputee Support group meeting.   Whew, at the last minute I was abe to get someone for the program.   I don't remember voluntering but I must have because I was in charge of the program.   I tried to get the DNR but could not get them for this month..  However,  I was able to get a commitment for a future date which will help Janice.  .  I finally called the state Options for Independent Living.    They got me a speaker.  It is Dinah Chaudoir Federer who spoke to us last year on her story.  She was publicising her book at that time.  The book is called Chasing Normal and is a wonderful message from a person who had faced and conquered many disabilities that seem to keep piling up on her.  

This time, as she is now working for Options for Independent Living, she will be talking about that organization and what it offers.  She is a wonderful speaker and I am so glad that she is doming back to us.

Actually, I have decided to stop going to those meetings.   I had hoped that perhaps Dick, as the amputee, would start going with me but he is not interested, I have finally accepted that.   So I have other things to take up my time that are more important to me at this time.


As I said, this weekend is the Kunert Family Reunion.  I am excited.   Leslie and Bill will be here too which is a serendipity for us.  I hope that there is nothing that we are supposed to be doing except to be here.  Bobbie will tell me I am sure.  I am not even sure exactly what time this soiree starts but we are here all day, except that I have to go and get Share at 9AM.  So it really doesn't matter.   I am just ready to enjoy.

Sure glad that Jody comes to clean on Fridays.   Everything will be all ready.

Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday.  

God love you

Mary
.

No comments: