Friday, July 23, 2010

Today was a mixture of running around and staying at home.    This morning was at home.Jody came to clean and I did a bunch of wash, including washing the sheets and getting the bed remade.Why do we call it "making a bed".  Isn't it more "dressing a bed."  or perhaps " wrapping a bed?"

Anyway. I caught up on email and a few phone calls before leaving at about 11:30AM for several errands before meeting my friends at Dairy Queen.    I went over to Time Warner to review our account and to ask that someone come over and fix the strange things that seem to be happening to it.  Then , I went to Walgreens to pick up some prescriptions for Dick and a couple of other items we needed.   On the way to fill the gas tank, I noticed that Capelle's Farm Market HAS FRESH SWEET CORN.   So I picked up our first half dozen as a surprise for Dick for our supper.   Then I filled the tank.   I had .86 off with my Pig Points so I only paid $1.84 for the gas.   For the first time in months I paid less that $30.  to fill up.   Remember the gas wars with gas costing .25 and they gave you glasses and other premiums on top of it all.

Had a nice lunch with Betty, Marlene and Mary.  Hadn't seen Mary for a few weeks.   She is always amazed that Chelsea is still alive.   She got a dog , Shadow, at about the same time that we got Chelsea and Shadow has been gone for quite some time.

Chelsea had a seizure this afternoon one of the times that I took her out.  But she was a happy girl most of the day.

The corn was absolutely wonderful and I even had a tomato or two to go with it.   Now we are in the special season of the year.  Corn every Friday.

This weekend should be fairly quiet - This will be nice, as next weekend is the Kunert Reunion and will by its very nature NOT be quiet.  

God love you all

Til tomorrow

Mary

No comments: