Monday, July 19, 2010

Mondays are always Mondays. It does not seem to matter if one is retired or working. Mondays are always packed and today was no exception.

The morning "rituals" had to be taken care of. I JUST made it to the 9:30AM Bible Study by 9:30AM. We had such a good group as we always do. Studying Mark, we are just beginning to experience the Last Supper and all that it implies.

After the study, I went to Mother's. I showed her the pictures that I had enlarged and we talked about the display at the When Irish Eyes Were Smiling. I brought her a meal of Swedish Meatballs too. She was delighted. She said that now she is set for two days as Donna had brought her some zucchini chowder for tonight.

I told her that I may have a link to Johanna Horigan Clifford's parents. I received a new leaf on Saturday that indicates a link to her parents. I have not had a chance to investigate. Wouldn't that be exciting?

Dick and I had leftover Swedish Meatballs and noodles for our lunch. Then I gathered things up and went to Book Heads for the Cream City Writers meeting. There were six of us there, a nice group. We read our works and also discussed the possible "relocating" of part of St. John the Baptist Cemetery. Not a good idea. It is not a good idea to mess with the resting places of the dead. I wrote a haiku about that. Here it is. Can you think of a title?

Don't disturb the dead
As no good will come of it.
Leave them where they lie.


Home again, I took a short nap then made a couple of calls and emailed a couple of people.

I just took Chelsea out for a walk and ran into several of the neighbors. Dick was out there and his son Lee and his girlfriend are visiting. Alison, our Condo board president was also out there, so we just gabbed for a while.

I am anticipating a good night's sleep as tomorrow, Dick has two doctor appointments. Did I tell you that Chelsea has suddenly decided that she should not come around the bed to wake me up to take her out when it is light out? She comes while it is dark between 2 and 4 but will not come around the bed once it is light.

Go figure

God love you

Mary

No comments: