Thursday, July 22, 2010

A whole day at home.   What a wonderful gift.


I have been busy all day.  I cleaned the carousel cabinets in the kitchen.  They were covered with crumbs and stuff because, I am not always good about closing them when I am cooking.  I still have to scatter the bay leaves on the shelves.  Did you know that bay leaves are good for discouraging those little black bugs from invading your flour and cereal products?  My friend Ione told me that.  I now put bay leaves in my flour too.

It has been raining all day. Sometimes very hard.   There is actually a tornado watch on until 9PM.  Since we cannot get Dick downstairs,  the plan it to go into the bathroom off of the laundry area which is in the center of the house.  The trick will be to get Chelsea and Roxie in there with us.

We had brat's and potato salad for lunch and Chef''s salad for dinner.   I made an "no bake cheesecake" with blueberry topping for dessert and I also made a nice fruit salad for snacking on the next few days. Boy is the cantaloupe good this week.

Chelsea is being a real pain tonight.  I must have taken her out three times since 5PM and it is not even 7PM yet.   I am sure that she is not asking to go out but I do not know what she is asking for so we are in trouble.   She did have one seizure today.  

So Thursday is over and I am content.   Tomorrow will not be quite so quiet but not overwhelming anyway.

Have a great Friday yourselves.

A week from Saturday is the Kunert Reunion here at our house.   I am looking forward to that.

God love you

Mary

No comments: