Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A long bittersweet day.    We all got up at about 5AM to see Bret go off to the airport and home.   The limo drive was her at 5:45 so I had to hug and kiss him for the last time for quite some time again.  He called me when he got to LAX safely.    He will be out at his mobile home at the Colorado River by tomorrow noon and be there until after the 4th of July.

Then Bart and Barb went to rest a bit before they had to get ready to leave too.   I took a quick run to Mother's to bring her the batteries for her hearing aid.   I got there just as her caregiver Alicia was arriving but I got to wake her up.  I just told her why I was there, gave her a kiss and left her in Alicia's competent hands.

Then we just kind of waited for Bart and Barb to wake up and get ready to go.   We had a light breakfast together and loaded their car.   Then they left at about 9:30AM or so.   They are doing some sight seeing and have a few stops on the way home.   So I got to do some more hugging and kissing to send them off.

It sure seems empty in the house.   Chelsea is exhausted.   I spent the rest of the day resting, working on some computer work and doing as much as I could with the least effort on my part.

Then this evening, I went to Becky's Tupperware party.   Had a very good time and spent some money.   I got a good deal and did not get talked into giving a party.   


Bart and Barb called from  Iowa to let us know how they are doing.  I hope they call every night so we can map their progress.  They are having fun and we are looking at maps.

We tried to call Jim and Michelle but got no answer.   No news is good news.   I am sure they have turned off the phone to let Michelle rest.

St. that is the day.   I am going to place a couple pictures on tonight.   They turned out really well.

Love you all

Mary

No comments: