Thursday, May 27, 2010

What a day. I woke up at 3:30AM to hear Chelsea stumbling around. She was favoring her front legs and her little back was hunched up. We went outside and she seemed to settle a bit but by the time I got up she was worse and even yipping if I touched her near her head or neck, so I called the Vet and took her in at 9:30AM.

Dr. Crispin determined that she has somehow or other injured her neck and she gave us a prescription for a pain killer to give to her three times a day. So we came home and gave her the first dose. Then I planted the basil, tomatoes, lavender and thyme that I had purchased in the past couple of days and a couple of the marigolds into the hanging baskets. When I finished that it was time to go to have lunch with Bob Fleming and Sr. Marcia at the Exchange Bank. That was enjoyable. I did some shopping on the way home and got home at about 3PM. Chelsea was worse, so I called the Vet back and we decided to give her another dose of the pain killer.

That didn't help either. She has been pacing all day and seems unable to lie down. And she yips every so often just moving. So I called again and we are now using a muscle relaxant. Perhaps the combination will allow her to sleep and give things a chance to heal.

Dick and I changed our minds about going out to dinner tonight. We just couldn't see leaving her.

So. We will see what tomorrow brings.

God love you

Mary

No comments: