Sunday, May 23, 2010

A very hot Sunday. It climbed all the way up to 86 on our thermometer. And it was humid. My friend Peg Payne called and commented that we always seem to go right from winter to the heat of summer.

I went out to Rhine Plymouth today. We had a Fun Day fundraiser at the club. I worked the gun room from 9 to 12. The morning was kind of quiet but we had signed up 9 squads for Lewis shoot which is a good beginning. I heard that we were the "only game in town" so I'll be that the afternoon was busier. Will find out soon, I am sure. I brought brats, German Potato salad and beans home for our lunch.

This evening I had a sandwich and a piece of strawberry tart. Dick had just the strawberry tort. He was still full from lunch. As he always eats a snack during the night, that will be just fine.

Yesterday turned out to be a continuation of birthday for me. I got welcome calls from Aunt Kathleen, Jacquie and Leslie. It was so good of them to remember and I was on the phone such a long time. Got all updated on things in Bullhead City and on Sara's wedding and the girls.

I really need to say that Bill actually made the shelf unit that Bobbie and he gave me. She did the finishing and painting. I have started putting things on it. It will take some trial and error to know what is most convenient but already I have ROOM on my desk and yet everything within reach.

So here we are at the end of the weekend. I took two naps today but guess my body wants more because I am STILL tired.

Tomorrow is only mildly busy. I just have bible study and my visit with Mother, both in the morning.

Take care and have a super week.

God love you

Mary

No comments: