Tuesday, May 25, 2010

It was hot again today, perhaps not as hot as the past two days. The mosquitoes are out in full force. I seem to get a bite every time I go outside. Tomorrow morning, I want to water the berm and then plant a few things again. I hope to get down into the back also and seed around the rhubarb, lemon balm and spearmint. That will take a long sleeved shirt and lots of insect repellent.

I has my physical today. I am basically in good shape. He has ordered a couple of tests just to confirm a couple of things. He thinks that perhaps the tiredness could be partly because of one of the three medications that I take. I have to decide if I can do without it. It helps me sleep without stomach pains and I don't want stomach pain at night again. I will think about it for a day or so.

Dick got his blood coagulation level checked and he is finally right where he should be. Yippee, now we can wait a month before checking again.

Right after we came home I drove over to Herb's and Such to pick up some large leaf Basil from Lind Goodine. I got several plants because I want to give some away. I got home in time to fix a dinner of tilapia, potato salad and Brussels Sprouts.

Then I took a short nap. I had a haircut appointment at 2:30PM. Around 2PM, we noticed that the air conditioner was not working. As we had it serviced in early May, I called Steger and they sent a repairman out. I called just before I left for my cut and he got here about 15 minutes after I got home. Pretty good service. The coolant had apparently dropped. We assume that it should have been balanced when they serviced it. So he filled it and got the lines all cleared and it is working fine.

While he was here, I made a batch of lavender cookies. When I went to the herb talk a couple of weeks ago, a couple who attend the Amputee Support Group were there. When we discussed uses for cooking with lavender, I mentioned the cookies and the wife asked why I had never brought the dookies to a meeting. SO I decided that tomorrow would be a good time. I baked them downstairs - Thank heavens for my "summer kitchen". I pulled them out of the oven just in time to offer the repairman, Leif, one before he left.

We had Chef's Salad and garlic bread for our supper. Then I rested a bit as Dancing with the Stars, the finale is in tonight. It is a two hour starting at 8PM and I am usually in bed by 9, I needed an extra rest.

The show is great. They even brought back the eliminated dancers to dance for us again. This is the first year I remember them doing that.

Tomorrow is supposed to cool down a bit and maybe rain.

Take Care and God love you.

Mary

No comments: