Monday, May 24, 2010

Another hot and muggy day. I watered the gardens out back and will try to get the weeds out from around the rhubarb and the lemon balm tomorrow or Wednesday.

This morning was Bible Study. We will not have it next week because it will be Memorial Day. We have finished chapter 12 of the Gospel of Mark and need to be looking ahead at what we want to do when we are done with that. This chapter ended with the story of the widow who put her two coins in the temple collection and Jesus said that she had given more than the rich who gave only of their excess. And there was a very strong reference from both the Old and the New Testaments that Jesus is both man, son of David, and God, Lord of David. Interesting.

Then I went to Mom's for a visit. She seems pretty good. She told me that se was glad that she had not gone to mass the day before. It was Matt Widder's first mass. He is a young man that came from our parish and was ordained last week. The service was, I understand beautiful, but lasted over an hour and a half and was very very crowded. She would never have made it through.

Home again, I got to stay home the rest of the day. I finished baking my sour dough bread. It is rather flat, as the timing that I thought was perfect was made imperfect be life and there was much too long a fermenting period. So. It tastes really good but did not rise like it usually does.


I spent a bit of time downstairs sewing. Trying to get a couple of things done before the Quilt Club meeting.

I watched Dancing with the Stars tonight and got my votes in. Tomorrow is the finale. It has been an exciting year. I really had trouble deciding tonight. All three of the finalists are good.

Tomorrow, I go to get my physical. And Dick will have his coagulation check. I am going but don't figure there is much reason. Nothing that is a problem with me can be fixed anyway.

Have a nice day tomorrow. It is supposed to still be hot but things are slowly going to cool down a bit.

God love you

Mary

No comments: