Sunday, April 18, 2010

I love these quiet Sundays. Chelsea was a perky girl for her walk early this morning. She even led me though the park for part of her walk. She has not eaten too well, but Has eaten something so I guess that is all we can expect.

We ate good and rested good and are getting ourselves ready for another week. We had chicken and Kunert potato salad with spinach for our dinner. Our neighbor Jean brought over some angel food cake which we had for our dessert.

Then we had minestrone soup and blueberry pie for supper. As my brother in law George used to say. "Wonder what the rich people are eating tonight."

I had to laugh today. I think I told you that Jim installed a "new Felix" to my computer when he was here. It is a kitty that roams around the screen and does various things such a eat, chase butterflies and sleep. I have an earlier version which I also kept. The new one is quite a bit larger than the old one and if the sound is up, he meows once in a while. I usually keep the sound down, unless I need it and last night I forgot to turn the sound down. Dick kept hearing a cat meowing while he was up and kept looking for Roxie. Until he figured out what it was anyway. It is fun to watch them and they totally ignore one another.

Tomorrow I will be going to the Cream City Writers meeting. I will give you one of the poems I wrote to share there. It is about spring.

WORDS OF SPRING

My neighbor brought three daffodils.
She wanted to share her spring.
Thunderstorms brought rain.
It reached deep down
To the safe place below the frost line
Where worms survived winter
Driving them up to the roads.
Robins feasted and grew fat.
And lightening awakened the trees
Who sprouted green with new hope.

May your week be blessed.

God love you

Mary

No comments: