Wednesday, January 27, 2010

This was a busier than usual Wednesday that ended with Dick and I going to Sweet Basil on a date. We like it there. It is easy to get to, to get into and the meal is always good. We love the bread and dipping oil too. The service is always perfect and they kind of know us now. Actually, I watched the waitress that we usually have grow up.

I went grocery shopping this morning. Next week, the Pig is having their annual meat sale. I am waiting for the ad and will go over there to stock up on some things, as least as much as I have room for. On the way home, I drove to city hall and paid the first half of the taxes and Chelsea's dog license. So, we have a new piece of jewelry to put on her collar.

This afternoon, the Amputee Support Group had a speaker from DMV come to talk to us. She was very informative and has offered to provide help for several problems that some of the members have. We had a nice group this time. A couple of new people. Two of them I knew, Joe Ziegler, a cousin of mine, and Virginia, a clerk at Walgreens. (Everybody knows me at Walgreens - I am in there at least three times a week.) We had a lively meeting for sure. Lots of questions. I found out that as long as Dick's license is good, he could just drive if he felt able without any new testing. Odd but true. He can, upon expiration exchange it for an ID card, I believe with no cost.

Now, Chelsea is really confused. She keeps asking for something (I think for me to cook our dinner). All I can do is take her outside again. Since we got back from the restaurant, which was an hour and a half ago, she has been out three times. No wonder I am tired all the time.

I have to remember to get the venison roast out to thaw first thing in the morning. I will be making venison and Guinness for the Wild Game dinner. I picked up a bunch of leeks at the store today. I had everything else on hand. Tomorrow, should be a mostly at home day. Good thing.

For your amusement too. I think this is my very favorite pun. A dyslexic man walked into a bra.



Later and as Red Skelton would say "God Bless."

Mary

No comments: