Friday, January 29, 2010

It turned out to be a busy day again. This morning, I took care of a lot of CWI planning which I will firm up over the weekend. I got a call from Sun Graphics that the proof for my new book was ready. Dick was napping, so I drove over there and checked it over there were three corrections which I noted. Mary Kate said they would make the corrections and have at least one copy ready for me on Mondy morning so I can get it sent off to the chapbook contest. I think it looks good.

On the way home, I picked up food for Chelsea at the vets, went to the bank and filled up the gas tank.

I got home and racked the marigold wine. I need to ask Bobbie which of her wines need to be racked. I can do one a day unless they have too much sediment.

Dick and I had our leftover Sweet Basil food for lunch. Still really good. We usually get at least two sometimes three meals out of that outing.

I picked up Mother shortly before 1PM to take her to see Dr. Lavey at the Eye Clinic. She had noticed a change in her vision a couple of months ago but with all the other health issues, we had to wait until she was well enough to go. The tests show that the dry macular degeneration is advancing, very slowly, but it is advancing. At this point there is really nothing else that can be done. There is no cure. The Vite Eyes that she takes every day does help slow the advancement of the disease but it will keep advancing. She felt a mixed feeling of relief and disappointment. Relief because the doctor said that she does not have to worry about straining or over using the eyes, disappointment because there is no cure. Fortunately it is a slow degeneration.

I got home in time to feed everybody and change before Nancy Roehre picked me up to go to Rhine to shoot pistol and then on to the Plymouth Art Museum to attend the opening of the new exhibits. They do have really nice openings. Music all evening, wine, nice hors D'oeurves and the chance to meet the artists. This is an exhibit of photography, ceramics and ceramics and ironwork. The photographer is from Cedarburg, Marcia L. Getto. She is so inventive eg. pictures of drops of dew on a flower. The potter and blacksmith are a married couple, Sylvia and Mark Mondloch from Random Lake. Nancy was a great source of information tonight as she is a docent at the museum and had special showing with the artists earlier this week. She was able to give me insight as to the techniques and backgrounds of some of the individual pieces. I ran into several friends and renewed some contacts at this exhibit. Lots of fun.

Bob Weber was there. He is a friend from Blessed Trinity in Sheboygan Falls and a friend of Nancy. Bob has purchased several small pieces from Sylvia and Mark Mondlach at their place in Random Lake. Many of them are simple pieces and quiet inexpensive, unlike the unique art pieces displayed here. Nancy and I have agreed to go there some day on a field trip and just purchase a few.

Hope your day ended up at UP as mine.

God love you

Mary

No comments: