Thursday, January 28, 2010

Home all day today. That was OK, except it is a bit discouraging in that Sun Graphics was supposed to call me to come in and check the proof on my new book. I HAVE to send a copy postmarked Feb 1, to a chapbook contest and I have not even seen the proof yet. I don't care about the major part of the order, I just need one copy.

Joan came to clean the house this morning. She said that Bonnie's Housekeeping could use my old raggedy towels, so I put them in bags and then forgot to give them to her. Oh well, they will be just as raggedy next week.

We had roast pork and stuffing for our lunch and soup and roast beef sandwich for our supper. Tomorrow we will eat our leftovers from Sweet Basil and the next day is the wild game dinner so I have some easy days again. I do have to fix the venison roast in Guiness for the dinner. I'll start it very early on Saturday morning.

Tomorrow, I will be taking Mother to the eye doctor. She has noticed a change in her vision again and they have told her to come in whenever that happens. Tomorrow night I will go shoot pistol with Nancy and then she and I are going to the Plymouth Art Center for the opening of their new exhibit. We will only stay about an hour. Long enough to see the exhibit, have a snack and chat with a few people.

So that is it for today. It is cold, 4 degrees, and is supposed to drop down even lower tonight. Now, if I could just get Chelsea to use the bathroom. Just think, January is almost over already. Monday will be the first of February and Tuesday will be Groundhog's Day. Wickipedia says : According to folklore, if a groundhog emerging from its burrow on this day fails to see its shadow, it will leave the burrow, signifying that winter will soon end. If on the other hand, the groundhog sees its shadow, the groundhog will supposedly retreat into its burrow, and winter will continue for six more weeks.

In Punxutwaney, PA they have a big celebration and bring a groundhog out of his lair to predict the end of winter. They call him Punxutwaney Phil. For many years a man with the last name of Deeley was the keeper of the groundhog. We often wondered if he was a relative.



God love you all

Mary

No comments: