Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The second last day of 2009. I was, as usual, quite busy. Got up at 6AM and did all the usual morning stuff plus helped Dick get washed up and changed. Then I went to the Pig and did the grocery shopping.

When I got home, I put a pot of bean soup on to cook all day. It is done now, except for stripping the meat off the bone, and tastes wonderful.

I took a nap this morning because I was going to the Amputee Support Group meeting at Rocky Knoll at 2PM. We had sandwiches and jello salad for our lunch. I had a mushroom and cheese and Dick had a grilled cheese.

The Amputee Support meeting was fun. We played card bingo. That is an easy game. You have two decks of cards and deal one out. Then the dealer called the cards on the other one until there is a winner with the hand you are dealt. We had lots of little prizes so played three whole rounds to use up the prizes. It was fun and we shared and talked a lot.

For some reason we got to talking about kids and I remembered an incident from Bart's toddler days. He was probably about three or four and wandered over to the neighbor's house because he saw her coming out and going towards her car. He asked her where she was going and she teasing him said. "I'm going to hell, want to come along?" That was the wrong thing to say. Bart immediately turned towards home yelling all the way "Mom, Mom, can I go to hell with Beverly." Poor Beverly chased him all the way trying catch him. We laughed our heads off and had to do a lot of explaining to Bart. He still didn't know why he couldn't go to hell with Beverly. He didn't know what hell was.

We got a wonderful Christmas present today from Leslie and Bill. Framed portraits of Bill and Leslie and also of Nora and Sara and a picture of the girls with their fiances. They are wonderful and we are so pleased.

So. Have a safe and fun New Years Eve.

God love you

Mary

No comments: