Thursday, December 31, 2009

The last day of 2009. WOW!

I was home all day except for going to Mass this evening. I spent the day doing various chores around the house. The front driveway needed to be shoveled. If there is less than an inch, the association does not take care of it. I did not want ice to be forming under it in the next few days. Actually it is supposed to get down to 2 degrees or less tonight. I am glad that I will be home most of tomorrow too.

Tomorrow, I will be taking supper to Mother at about 5PM. I called her today to confirm this. She sounds so weak. I will sit with her tomorrow when I bring her meal to be sure that she eats. She admits that her appetite is rather poor but says she does eat three times a day and is going to try to have a snack mid afternoons to help keep her strength up.

We had leftovers from Sweet Basil for our lunch and bean soup for supper. Boy is that bean soup ever good. If you want to share just come over for a meal in the next few days.

So Mass was nice and also short. I saw several friends and was able to wish them a Happy New Year.

A good portion of my morning was spent researching home care for Mother. Hopefully we can get someone in to help her in the mornings in the next week or so. The holidays will slow things up a bit but we will get it done and at least during the holidays she has a lot of people checking on her.

Love and God Love you

Mary

No comments: