Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Today was a very nice day. I got up at 6AM as usual. The mornings are always busy with feeding everybody and getting us all cleaned up and all.

Chelsea and I had a nice walk. My knee was pretty sore today but my hips don't hurt much anymore.

At 10, I went out to Rhine Plymouth for the bust up party for the Summer Trap League. It was a nice time. We had roast pork sandwiches, beans, potato salad and desserts for lunch. I brought some home for Dick. It was fun visiting with all the shooters and members of Rhine. Jerry Coenen thinks that Bobbie should come back to the club as she "promised" that she was going to take a year off and it is more than a year now.

When I got home, I took a nap on the couch which, of course, thrilled Roxie no end.

I then spent the rest of the afternoon being kind of lazy. I did clean the kitchen counters and prepared several emails for CWI.

Tomorrow, I will be driving in to Mead Library to take a class on memoir writing from Jerry Aps. I am looking forward to that. Seems practical to take advantage of free education that is of interest to me. I have to grocery shop in the morning too.

So the day is over and we are possibly going to get more rain. Trying to make up for all the dry days at once.

Love

Mary


~DEATH~
WHAT A WONDERFUL WAY TO EXPLAIN IT .


A sick man turned to his doctor as he was preparing to
Leave the examination room and said,
'Doctor, I am afraid to die..
Tell me what lies on the other side. '

Very quietly, the doctor said, ' I don ' t know. '

'You don ' t know? You ' re, a Christian man,
and don ' t know what ' s on the other side? '


The doctor was holding the handle of the door;
On the other side came a sound of scratching and whining,
And as he opened the door, a dog sprang into the room
And leaped on him with an eager show of gladness.
Turning to the patient, the doctor said,
'Did you notice my dog?
He ' s never been in this room before.
He didn ' t know what was inside.
He knew nothing except that his master was here,
And when the door opened, he sprang in without fear.
I know little of what is on the other side of death,
But I do know one thing...
I know my Master is there and that is enough. '

No comments: