Wednesday, June 03, 2009

This was supposed to be a quieter week, but the excitement of Dick's new shoe and the extra appointments has kind of turned that around.

I started this day off as all the others. Chelsea had a bad appetite day. I have decided not to worry about it. She is perky enough and all other functions seem fine. She IS eating something and I guess we just have to respect her feelings. (Right now, it is almost midnight and she wants me to go to bed. She has this THING about settling down when I do and gets quite bossy about it.)

Anyway I started on my shopping marathon at about 8. I finally got rid of the old battery backup for the computer. I took it over to the City Yard and asked someone what I was supposed to do with it and he took care of it. What a guy.

Then on to the Pig for our grocery shopping. I also had to go to Walgreens to pick up some prescriptions for Mom and go to the bank to make a deposit for her and to pick up some money for us.

Shortly after I got home and put the groceries away, Bobbie came and we did the next steps on the wines that we have brewing downstairs. The rhubarb was not quite at the Specific Gravity we wanted but one of the recipes said to just rack it without testing so we put it into the secondary fermenters (the glass jugs). So we did and were rewarded with seeing that the yeast is indeed working its little heart out in the brew.

This afternoon we had two repairmen here. The water softener had started just running a couple of days ago so I called for repair and the clothes dryer had blown its heating element. WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO HAPPEN AT ONCE!!! Anyway both repair people were able to come quickly and do the job with little fuss. I am grateful. Oscar, however, is not happy. He stayed put for Bobbie and enjoyed his time with her but disappeared when the Culligan Man came and stayed hidden until dinner time. The second doorbell did him in.

This evening Mother, Kate and I went to see 1776 after a lovely dinner at the Villager. It was one of the longest productions I have been to but worth every minute. The cast was mostly men, except for Abigal Adams and Martha Jefferson, and covers the great debates that led to our Declaration of Independence. The talent was special. We loved it.

My only concern was that it was after 11 when I got home. It was OK but if Chelsea had asked to go out , Dick would have been in trouble. She was fine, she no longer expects him to be able to help her so apparently she stirred once but found that I wasn't home so she went back to bed. Such a trusting little pup. She knew that I would be back.

When I got to Kate's I went to comfort her poor sweet kitty, Riley, who has a severely injured front leg. He was quite accepting of my sympathy. He may still lose the leg, or it may be useless when he heals but they are trying. Kate's other cat, Victoria, is being quite the guardian, she sits with him most of the day and the other day when he managed to get upstairs and Kate couldn't find him, Victoria took her up to him.


So that was the day. We are actually into tomorrow. (AND they say tomorrow never comes.)

Enjoy today!!!

Mary

No comments: