Monday, June 01, 2009

Chelsea woke me up at 4:30AM this morning. Unbelievable. I did not reawaken until almost 7AM. That is a record. I cannot remember the last time that I slept that late.

As I had to be at Bible Study at 9:30 this did throw me a bit behind. But it all came together. We had a pretty full table at Bible Study. I think that I mentioned that we have been studying the previous Sunday's readings for three years now and have gone through the entire cycle. We have decided to now take a hiatus from that type of study and pick a specific study. The group has settled on the Gospel of Mark and we will chose which series of study we want to use next week and ask Lynn at the church office to order the books for us.

Then I went to Mom's. She wanted to go to the cemetery to look at the boxes by the graves. They really do look lovely and are healthy and colorful. We noticed that there is nothing at my cousin Michael's grave though, and Mother wants something to go out there. I will try to do something to help with that. It is always good to go out there and say Hi to everybody. It is a beautiful cemetery. They used to say Mass out there on Memorial Day. There is a nice altar out there. The statues on the altar have been changed since my day. I remember going down there sometimes as a kit and playing on that altar.

I picked up a couple of plants at Evans today. I found Rosemary, Purple Basil, some petunias and some vines. That is ALL that I am going to do. I got them all planted, I vacuumed the car and switched the floor mats in the car with the summer mats. The winter mats are washed and put away until next winter.

Tonight was the Rhine Plymouth meeting. It was full of business. The club voted not to rejoin the Sheboygan County Conservation Association. I think this is a mistake but the majority do not find it beneficial. Aside from that it was pretty tame but we got a lot done.

The weather was very pleasant but it has chilled down quite a bit this evening. I almost headed out without a jacket but fortunately put it on before I left. I even needed it in the clubhouse.

Tomorrow, Dick gets the new cup for his prosthesis, so we will be gone for a good chunk of the morning. I hope they have some news on the shoe. He needs to get on his feet and walking again.

I do get to stay home all afternoon tomorrow.

I have to get to bed now. It is getting late and we are, as you see, having a busy day tomorrow. I am hoping on talking Dick into eating out somewhere at noon. Wish me luck. It would be good for him.

Love

Mary

No comments: