Thursday, June 18, 2009

Since I took Chelsea out at 10PM or later last night and she was very very "good", one would have thought that I could sleep uninterrupted until at least 4 or 5. But NOOOOO! the little goof came to ask me to take her out at 2:30am. I had to get up at 6AM because I had to do a lot of things before going to take Mother to the Drug Store at 10AM. I vacuumed the bedrooms and made cookies today.

So. I got to Mother's and she was in curlers. She thought that we were going tomorrow. I had said tomorrow but she had Friday on her mind and that was what she planned on. SO. I called Fesslers (Aurora Superior) and we found out the Barb, the person that was going to help us get Mom's supplies, was sick today anyway. SO. I am going to call the drug store at 9:15AM to be sure that Barb is there and then I will call Mom and start out to pick her up. This afternoon she called me again. Dr. Hancock's nurse had called her and he wants her to have another blood test. Apparently, the first one shows that she is a bit anemic and they want to confirm this. We are going to stop at the Clinic on our way home from the drug store for the blood test. This could be some of the reason that Mother is feeling so much more tired these days. Perhaps a regimen of extra iron will help to rectify that.

Home again, I parked the car back in Lion's Park parking lot. I need to go get it soon. They seem to be done with the paving and it has been long enough that I should be able to bring it home. As I walked home I stopped to visit with neighbors, Tom and Rita Engel. Tom filmed a lot of the paving for his grandsons. They are 2 and 5 and nutso over trucks. He is able to film in movies and stills and will show his grandsons on TV this weekend. The workers even waved for them.

I liked this crew. When Chelsea and I set out at about 4 to get the mail, one of the workers stopped is roller and called to me to pick Chelsea up as the blacktop would be too hot for her little feet. Wasn't that sweet?

That is really the end of the busy things that I did today.

Now is the time to just settle down and do nothing for the rest of the evening.

By the way, Dr. Murthy's nurse called and told me that the MRI shows that there is a small tear in the meniscus of my right knee and that I need to make an appointment with an orthopedic doctor. So I called the Orthopedic department and Dr. Fehrman will call me early next week after he looks at the MRI. I feel better in that I know that there is something real wrong and maybe this time it will be something that can be fixed.

Take Care

Mary

No comments: