Saturday, June 20, 2009

I did not sleep well last night but at least Chelsea did not get me up until 5AM. I woke up a bit before that and was actually afraid to get up and look for her. I sure was glad that she finally came to get me. We went out for our walk right away and I just stayed up.

I had a nice nap this morning, which was SO nice after the rotten night that I had.

Except for church, I was able to stay home all day. I finished my cleaning and did some baking. I made some Lemon Balm scones which turned out to be very tasty. I also put a fruit salad together. We do like out fruit salads. As long as the fruit is so good, we decided that I will make one each week. this one has watermelon, orange, blueberries, kiwi, grapes and strawberries.

Dick walked twice today and we got his bath accomplished. We both agreed that the bath is getting easier all the time. In time, he will be able to do most of it himself. The foot is looking pretty good after he walks, so we are encouraged.

Mass was nice. The folk choir sang and we were celebrating the 100th birthday of Dolores Gentine. She looks pretty darned good too. Next week an Archbishop from Jos in Nigeria, Ignatius Kaigama, will be spending time at St. John the Baptist for the Annual Mission Appeal. We are also having a Picnic to celebrate the conclusion of the Faith in our Future Campaign. So it will be a very full weekend.

Tomorrow I do not have to go anywhere. Bobbie will be coming over to work on wine. So company we will have. I am frying out. I am going to do some brats and some venison steaks. You can join us if you would like, there will be plenty.

Love

Mary

No comments: