Monday, June 22, 2009

Roxie still hates it when I whistle. I started whistling a few minutes ago, forgetting that she is sleeping on the printer, and her eyes opened immediately. She looked at me, daring me to continue.

Chelsea woke me up at 4AM this morning, a great improvement over yesterday. I went back to bed and was able to sleep until 6AM. We had a busy morning as Dick and I were determined to get his clothes changed AND a walk in before I headed to Bible Study. This on top of all the usual just getting ready for the morning is a LOT. But we did it and did not feel too rushed.

Two people were not at bible study but we still had a good group there. Joe was back after his vacation and brought his wife, Felicia, along today. We had lively discussions about the woman who touched Jesus' robe and was healed of her hemorraging because of her faith AND about Jarius who believed that Jesus could heal his daughter. One a Jew and one a Gentile. So he will heal us all. Next week we are starting a study of the Gospel of Mark. Our books were there so we are set to go. We will read the introduction and decide how we are going to proceed.

Dick and I had pork cop and lima bean casserole for dinner and I went to the Cream City Writer's meeting. It was a good meeting. We only had to tone Don down from his preaching twice. There were two new ladies there who seem to be really interested in being a part of us. I sure hope so. We decided to give the Fourth of July or Independence Day as an "assignment" for next month's meeting.
Don has invited us out to his place for the next meeting. He is out in the country and really wants to share his "inspiration" deck with us.

Dick was sleeping when I got home, so I took care of wine and a few other things before he woke up. I remembered to stir the wine the three times it needs and Dick walked three times so we had a pretty successful day.

Did you know that if you look very closely at the Iwo Jima Memorial statue in Washington DC you will see that there are six figures putting up the flag but there are 13 hands. The sculptor simply said that the 13th hand was the Hand of God.
Also, if you start at the front of the statue and drive very slowly counter clockwise around it, as you come around, it appears that the flag actually is rising. It is phenomenal.

Have a great Tuesday. We are saturated with medical appointments, therapy , prosthesis and some errands for Mom.

Take care

Love

Mary

No comments: