Saturday, June 27, 2009

I got up at 6AM. Kind of puttered around til 9AM. Dick did walk this morning and I fixed a really good breakfast. We had bacon, eggs and toast.

At 9AM I went to pick up Kate and we drove over to the Armory to pick up out SHARE. I have been getting the smaller portion, but next month I am going for the full portion as the freezer is not as full as it should be and I need to stock up. I also really liked the selection. I think I have told you about SHARE. It is a food program for anybody that supplies food at "discount". For $25. You get a package of groceries that is worth at least $45 to 50 and includes meats, veggies and a couple of extras like, maybe a cake mix, or strawberries. It is a great way to cut the grocery bill.

After we put our groceries away, Kat and I walked from her house on Collins down to Reed Street to attend the 2009 Home and Garden "Porches on Reed Street." Five classic homes on Reed, opened their homes, and/or their gardens for tour by the public. We had a great time. They had reenactor's, high school students who told us about the homes in character of the original builders of the homes. They were all wonderful. They re all trying to get Kate to put her home in next year. I told her I would help hostess if she does.

We ended with the program of the day,Linda Godine of Herbs N' Such gave a presentation on growing and using herbs. We ate like pigs. Starting with herbal dips and working our way through cheese spreads and pastas and rice and moving on to fruit salad and breads that were fantastic. Kate and I are going out to her place in Kiel to stock up on a few herb plants and I want to take her a couple of my favorite recipes to add to her stock. She was really excited about my Lemon Balm Wine.

Got home about and fixed a sandwich for Dick. Then I took a nap as I was exhausted. My knee really hurt during that walk. It got pretty rested while we were listening to the herb presentation.

I went to the 4PM Mass. We had a very special guest at our parish this weekend. An Archbishop Ignatius Kaigama of Jos, Niagra is visiting our community. He is fascinating. I will be able to meet him again tomorrow a t the Parish Family Celebration Picnic. As Fr. Van Beeck said. They have two bishops in Milwaukee this weekend, but we have an Archbishop in Plymouth. Quite a coup.

So the day is now waning.

Oscar is not eating well. He did not do badly at breakfast for did not eat at all this evening. His big green eyes are so wide. I just hope he is not in any pain. The site that Bobbie sent me about his problem indicates that there is usually not pain involved. I will cling to that.

So it was a pretty good day. Tomorrow should be nice AND busy also.

"Should you encounter a problem along your way, Change your direction, but not your destination."

I need to keep that in mind these days.

Love

Mary

No comments: