Friday, June 26, 2009

I got to sleep until 6:30AM this morning. Chelsea got me up at four but I got back to sleep OK. I think I could have stayed in bed much longer if it was not for those critters needing food.

This in not a day that I would like to relive. You will see why.

Mom called quite early, about 9:30AM. She got a call from the nurse telling her when her colonoscopy is scheduled. It is next Friday, July 3, at 8AM at the Plymouth Surgical Center with a Doctor Rana Sokhi. I will pick her up at 7:45AM or so on Friday and take her too the surgical center to get her checked in. Jeff will join me that morning, as soon as he can get there. So I won't have to wait alone.

Dolores will be with her on Thursday night and Jeff will take her home from the procedure on Friday. (I will follow if he needs help.) Eileen is coming Friday after work and will relieve Jeff and stay the night if necessary. Randy and Donna will come over as needed and as they can. So I think we have it covered. It is so great to have such a loving support family as we have. But with a Mother and Dad like ours it is not too big a surprise.

The other thing that was difficult today was my Big Oscar. When Bobbie was here the other day, she noticed a lump in his abdomen. We thought it MIGHT be a hairball, but Bobbie looked things up in the computer and lumps are usually something to be concerned with. I had already decided that if he was off his feed one more meal, or did not throw up a hairball I was making an appointment with the Vet. I was able to get him in at 11AM this morning. The news is not good at all. Our Oscar has two enlarged kidneys. One is about the size of an orange. His BUN levels are up and his red blood count is low. With both kidneys affected, there is really nothing that we can do for him but keep an eye on him and when he develops symptoms of pain, or not eating then we will have to probably help him pass on. We have changed his diet and will just keep loving him. He is about the sweetest kitty that I have ever had. This is hard.

The rest of the day was spent cleaning, the kitchen and the bathroom, and ironing.

Then, Nancy Roehre and I went out to Rhine to practice our pistol shooting. Some major renovations have been done to trap one. New cement poured and the electrical wiring all redone. Josh and Dennis and Matt were all there working on it. I guess there was another blow up at the club regarding the camping situation. I told Dennis that maybe I will skip the next meeting. I won't but good grief can't we all get along. I may ask to use the clubhouse for a CWI meeting on July 17. I am going to try the library first because there we could have access to reference material and maybe even computers. As a member, I can use it if it is not in use for a club function.

Guess that is all for now. Enough I think. After all the junk I will end with a joke.

The weekend is here and I intend to enjoy it with a Garden Walk, a picnic at church and a graduation party.

Love

Mary

THE IRISH PROSTITUTE

An Irish daughter had not been home for over a year. Upon her return, her Father cussed her. 'Where have ye been all this time? Why did ye not write to us, not even a line? Why didn't ye call? Can ye not understand what ye put yer old Mother thru?'
The girl, crying, replied, 'Sniff, sniff....Dad...I became a prostitute...' 'Ye what!!? Out of here, ye shameless harlot! Sinner! You're a disgrace to this Catholic family.'
'OK, Dad-- as ye wish. I just came back to give mum this luxurious fur coat, title deed to a ten bedroom mansion plus a $5 million savings certificate. For me little brother, this gold Rolex. And for ye Daddy, the sparkling new Mercedes limited edition convertible that's parked outside plus a membership to the country club (takes a breath) and an invitation for ye all to spend New Years Eve on board my new yacht in the Riviera and... .'
'Now what was it ye said ye had become?' says Dad.
Girl, crying again, 'Sniff, sniff....a prostitute Daddy! Sniff, sniff.'
'Oh! Be Jesus ! Ye scared me half to death, girl! I thought ye said a Protestant. Come here and give yer old Dad a hug.

No comments: