Friday, June 12, 2009

Chelsea slept until 4AM this morning. I got up finally at 6AM. We had another short walk as I stopped as soon as my knee stopped working. I did tell you that Dr. Murthy has scheduled an MRI for Wednesday, just to be sure that there is not tear or anything. If not I guess we will try a cortisone shot. I know that really helped when I had the problem with my sternum tear.


I finally was able to connect with Heidi, the VNA who was working with Mother. We arranged to meet at Mom's at 10:30AM. I think we have things under control now. As the VNA had actually released Mother and Heidi has been working with her questions just because she is a nice gal, we got the problems solved. 1. Heidi called Dr. Hancock and has them ordering the equipment (bags and appliances and adhesive) for six months. We have the numbers of the items and will be getting them from Aurora on Superior the old Fesslers. That is where Dick gets his knee sox when he needs them so we know Barb, the liaison there quite well. 2. She did not know why VNA had told Mom to make an appointment with Dr. Hancock. But Mother indicated that she would really like to see him anyway because she has questions so Jeff will take her on Monday to see him. I made a list for her to take with her of her questions and will make sure that Jeff takes it with them. It is so easy to forget things when one is actually with the doctor. 3. Everything is working just as Heidi expected it too.

Mom has been released from VNA and from now on will call Dr. Hancock with questions. We would really like to get someone in there in the mornings when she gets up. Mother is resistant to that so we need to try to make her comfortable with the idea.

I got home in time to fix Dick's lunch and the then to the Dairy Queen for lunch with the Bank Ladies. We had a nice visit. Everybody is fine but I am not the only one who is having leg trouble. Ceil is also having trouble with ehr legs.

Then home again.

I got the kitchen cleaned, the garage floor washed down and the downstairs bathroom cleaned today. Pretty good. It will be a quiet weekend so maybe I can get some stuff done just for me. Especially on Sunday.

We had leftovers for dinner, Red beans and rice, cauliflower and hot dogs. Really good. Now tomorrow I will have to start from scratch as the leftovers are all eaten up.

My friend Janet Bieschke stopped by this afternoon with her granddaughter Jillian. Janet was picking up something for CWI. Jillian is two and adorable. She was fascinated by Roxie and Chelsea and the stuffed animals also. Roxie and Chelsea were kind of fascinated by her too. They have not seen little people in at least three years. Jillian is a sweet child so they interacted very well.

I went out on the deck for about a half an hour this evening to read. It was wonderful. The deck is above the mosquitoes, but I sprayed with Listerine just to be sure. This is the first day that it was warm enough to do this. Hope there are a lot of days like this to come.

Have a lovely weekend. We intend to.

Love

Marymom

No comments: