Sunday, March 01, 2009

Today WAS a quiet day. We did not have to go out of the condo complex even once. That is such a delight.

Chelsea woke me up before 4AM but I was able to get back to sleep and finally got up at about 6:15AM. I still took a nap. I was able to hang on until after lunch but it sure felt good.

I spent the morning cleaning. Things got behind on Friday and Saturday so I still had the living room to vacuum and the kitchen floor to mop. They are done now and I still had the rest of the day to goof off on my stuff. I worked on a little bit of writing, finished the doll and got things organized downstairs for four separate projects that I have been putting off.

I called the people who are going to the play in Fond du Lac today. Only two were home but we have pretty much decided that the four of us who are going alone will drive together and the couples can team up however they wish. That should be fun and a nice kick off to the St. Patrick Day season. I brought up my decorations today. It is time to put them out now. I can start wearing green more regularly too.

We had the chili for lunch. It is really good, but we do miss the choriso.

I will forward a picture of the doll today too. Dick says he likes it too.

I have a poem that I found in Chicken Soup for the Soul. It was credited to a Langson Hughes and went as follows:

Mother to Son

Well, son, I'll tell you:
Life for me ain't been no crystal stair.
It's had tacks in it.
And splinters,
And boards torn up,
And places with no carpet on the floor-
Bare.
But all the time
I'se been a-climbin' on,
And reachin' landin's
And turnin' corners,
And sometimes goin' in the dark
Where there ain't been no light.
So, Boy, don't you turn back
Don't you set down on the steps
'Cause you finds it's kinder hard.
Don't you fall now-
For I'se still goin', honey,
I'se still climbin'
And life for me ain't been no crystal stair.|

Isn't that a great poem?

Enjoy your week.

Mary

No comments: