Thursday, March 05, 2009

The softest sweetest little kitty is sitting on my lap as we speak. It is SO good to have them back with me. I took a nap yesterday and Oscar came with me and was my warm little side warmer for the whole time. He purrs like a jet engine. Roxie is much quieter.

I took the Passat in to the car dealer for its first maintenance and for two computer updates. It took TWO hours. I was starting to get a bit nervous as Dick had his therapy scheduled for 1:ooPM. When it got to be 11AM, you know how I was getting. They were having difficulty getting the computer to communicate with the computer that had to update it. They finally did succeed and I now have a compass on my dashboard. I am delighted with that. I think it was my inquiry when I got the car that got them to correct the problem. When we did our shakedown, I looked for the direction and couldn't find it. We looked in the description and it was listed as a feature but it was not there. Just about a week or so ago, I got a letter telling me that I had a "recall" to install the direction finder. I really DO use that a lot.

I got home just in time to heat some chili for our lunch and help Dick get ready for therapy. We got more phone calls today than we know people.

I dropped Dick off at the Center and then went over to Kate's for about a half an hour to bring her a bunch of things that she needed regarding the storytelling and CWI and writing. I also took my doll over to show her. She liked him. I am rather pleased with him myself. I took a pin called a wild woman pin over to show her. She needs a baby for her doll and this pin is a pretty good shape and idea to make a baby that should work.

We got home at about 2:30 and I have been trying to clean and put things away. I cannot figure out how things get spread and accumulate everywhere. I am trying to go through things and eliminate the excess. St. Vinnies is going to get a lot of donations in the next month or two. Mary is on a mission.

I prepared some chicken tenderloins to go along with the leftover stuffing for our supper tonight. Sure tasted good.

Tomorrow, Richard and Brenda are coming and bring fish fries for supper. I have to work at Rhine so will miss the fish fry but will be SO glad to some home to company. It will be good not to have to worry about Dick while I am gone too. We have not seen then for such a long time and they can tell us more about their Florida trip.

I have a real puzzle going on her. I had left a plastic bag with smaller plastic bags full of beads and stuff like that in it along with a cloth "something". IT belongs to a friend of mine. She left it here the afternoon we were making the dolls. About an hour ago, I found it on the ground. The bag is torn and the cloth "something" has disappeared. Thank God, she did not tear open the bags with the beads in them. But - I need to find that "something" by tomorrow night so I can take it back to Toni.

My Bret called tonight. He sure sounds good. We had not talked for quite a long time. He wants to come for a visit and we were discussing August. I told him that he could come for the Reunion of the Clans out at St. Michaels when Fr. Mike Shea is here and then we could hit Irishfest the following Friday or Saturday and he could fly home on Saturday or Sunday right after Irishfest. We might just be able to do that every efficiently.

Tomorrow I will be picking up our tax returns AND giving blood. I wonder if there is really much difference in the two things. At least when I give blood, I help someone get healthy again.

Love

Mary

No comments: