Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Hello again. Light snow, most of the day. Chelsea woke me up MUCH later than yesterday. It was all of 3:30AM.

I did hear from her Doctor today. Her B. U. N. level is actually down some which means that her kidneys are working some better. We are going to decrease the furosimide for a week to see if this will reduce the amount of water she is drinking and to see if it will affect her coughing at all. She is coughing somewhat more, but no seizures. After a week, if there is no improvement or if the coughing increases we will do another full blood study on her.

I went grocery shopping this morning, but that was the only time I left the complex. Dick and I decided that I needed a day at home and since it is slippery and cold out there, today seemed like as good a day as any. It was nice. I laid down twice to rest. Could not sleep but at least I shut everything else down and gave my body a chance to unwind. Roxie was my little companion this afternoon. She snuggled right up to my side when I rested this afternoon. That was really comforting.

I also worked on some of our bookkeeping. I sure will be glad when Dick is back and takes back the books again. I don't like it and I make too many mistakes. I can correct them, BUT should not be making them.

I hooked up the new USP back up too. Now I just have to figure out what to do with the old one. It sure is a heavy son of a gun.

I also followed up on disputing a charge on my credit card. I had ordered something and it never came. I have emailed this place several times and have called several times. Today, I tried to call ONE MORE TIME and when I said my name , the lady hung up on me. I called back immediately and got the answering machine. So I told her I would dispute the item, that I am president of CWI and would spread the word, that I was disappointed because I really liked the ring involved and then hung up and called the credit card company.

If the dispute is actually filed, I will tell you the name of the company. I don't want anyone else to go through this. I have spent too much on phone calls and emails to get any pleasure out of the item anyway now. I just hate things like this. This was supposed to be a special present from Dick for Christmas as my Claddagh Ring dissappeared.

Tomorrow is another quiet day. Fr. Van Beeck is saying mass at the Care Center at 10. I have to be there earlier than that because if he gets there early, he starts early and there is no way of knowing. If Dick is not in therapy, he said he would go down with me.


Taken from and Email I received today.

Love

Mary

THE POWER OF PRAYER. I believe that God only gives three answers to

prayer:

1. 'Yes!'

2. 'Not yet.'

3. 'I have something better in mind.'











No comments: