Friday, December 05, 2008

Today was a very eventful day.

Chelsea and I got up early, 6AM and took care of a few things around her. She got a very short walk, (it was 4degrees again so we did not go far.) I made the Guy Pie to feed to the "ramp crew". Then I went over to visit Dick for a bit before they were going to arrive.

Jeff, Randy, Shane and Georgina arrived at about 10AM with the lumber and everything they needed and proceeded to work on the ramp. I had turned on a heater in the garage so they did not freeze to death while working. It was still cool but working and dressed right it was doable.

Bobbie and Bill arrived at about noon. The guys had the platform all framed out already. The Chili was hot so they took a break shortly after that and ate. The chili turned out really good.

Then back to work and they got it all done by 4:30. It is beautiful. I am too tired tonight but will post a picture in the next couple of days. I am SO grateful to them for this. Jeff said they just want Dick to be able to come home as soon as possible.

This evening I met the Celtic Women, Gail, Rosemary, Mary and Maureen who came up from Milwaukee and Chicago to be able to attend our Christmas Tea tomorrow. We ate dinner at 52 Stafford. They were putting together a special memory book for the members. All paid members will bet one. I have seen the draft and it is really special. We hope to use it to encourage new members too.

Now I am home and exhausted. I just get worn out too easily these days and need to rest for tomorrow.

Chelsea is trying to encourage me to head for the bed also. The CWI ladies are coming over her in the morning at about 10 so that we can go through New Branch Guidelines and I can show them the "inventory" of CWI stuff I seem to have accumulated.

I came home to a phone call that Wells Fargo stopped two transactions that I made today because one of them had the expiration date wrong and tried to put it through 6 times which put a flag on the account. I am really discouraged - now I have to redo two Christmas presents. Ick!!!!! I am happy (I guess) that they are watching.

Tomorrow will be ALL good. Right!!!


Love

Mary

No comments: