Thursday, December 04, 2008

It barely broke single digits temperature wise today. When Chelsea woke me up at 5, it was 9 degrees and when I got up for good at 6AM it had dropped down to 8 degrees. Needless to say, we did not walk very far. Her poor little paws got pretty sore anyway, so she did not care to much, at least then.

I went over to spend the morning with Dick at 9AM. I was able to stay with him for all of his physical and occupational therapy. They work him hard. This is good though he does not always think so. The OT suggested that we get him a CD player and books on tape. You know, one of those little ones that he could wear on his belt or just carry with him. A good idea. Then the exercises might not be so boring.

I came home at noon, had lunch and took a nap. I finished decorating the tree today too. Just a little bit at a time. I am almost done. I made chili today for the guys. Jeff, Randy, Shane and Bill are coming tomorrow to put up the ramp for Dick. I need to feed them. I am making a Guy Pie in the morning too. They are so good to do this.

I had some errands to do this afternoon AND called Suzi who had left a massage last night. She is OK but needs to think of herself too. Hazel is up north near Teresa and is in the nursing home that Teresa works in. She likes it and we know that she is safe now. Apparently they are really kept busy and are WELL cared for.


Had to add minutes to Dick's phone. All of a sudden he only had 8 minutes left. Glad I caught that. Whew.

I took spaghetti sauce with noodles, garlic bread and salad to the Center and Dick and I ate together in his room. We like that. It is like a date for us.

When we were dating, it got to a point where we had seen EVERY movie that was showing and as we are not bar people, this left just Friday Fish Fries for dates.
One day I told him that he was welcome to come over for dinner but all Bart and I were having was Kraft Mac and Cheese with hot dogs cut up in it. He said that this was one of his favorite meals and that was a real beginning. It WAS and still IS one of his favorite meals. After that he started coming over for dinner more often and we started playing Cribbage. He had to teach me. I got pretty good after a while and we had fun.

Take care and have a good Friday.

Love

Mary

No comments: