Monday, December 01, 2008

Today turned out to be much more exciting than it started out.

I woke up this morning to snow. All of the local schools were closed, so it seemed wise to cancel the Bible Study for this week. I emailed those I could and called the others.

So I had a morning at home. I slept for almost two hours this morning. This tooth thing has just taken all the zap out of me. The dentist called at about 10 and said that they had an opening today if I wanted to come right in so I did. They said that I would not need a driver so I didn't call Bobbie who was going to come tomorrow when my appointment was originally scheduled.

It is done but that took even more zap out of me. I left there and came right home and went back to bed for two more hours. When the numbing wore off the tooth started hurting again, but Dr. Joe said that it probably would hurt some for a day or two. I took some Advil and eventually it eased up. I worry only because many years ago, I had a root canal and there was a hidden root there that took three visits to find and clean out. But Dr. Joe said that he was sure there were no surprises and that it looked good.

Tonight I went over to see Dick after dinner for about an hour. We miss each other, but know that I have to get my strength back now. Tomorrow will be a really busy day as we are going to Milwaukee, St. Luke's, for Dick's evaluation. It will be cold but is not supposed to be snowing. Today would have been impossible.

I am picking up breakfast from Mc Donald's for us tomorrow. We thought that would be fun. And we need all the fun we can get these days. We will have to have lunch somewhere too. Someway - Somehow.

I put some of the ornaments on the tree today. I am just doing one box at a time. Should be done by Christmas anyway. The nice thing about Christmas is that when it comes, whatever you have done will be enough. After all it is just supposed to be the Birth of Jesus and the peace and joy that He brings. I used to bake a birthday cake for Jesus when the kids were young and we would sing Happy Birthday to Jesus. Just for a reminder.

Have a nice Tuesday and think of us.

Love

Mary

No comments: