Monday, December 08, 2008

The snow has begun. It is supposed to snow through tomorrow afternoon. We could get up to 12 inches. Actually I don't expect as much as that here but it will be a pretty good snow.

This morning I went to visit Mother BEFORE Bible Study as I had to be back in Plymouth to pick up Jena to take her to the Sheboygan County Writer's Club Christmas party at the Villager. I ended up having to leave at 12:30 because Tim from Sheboygan Prosthesis brought Dick his first prosthesis this afternoon at 1PM.

I had plenty of time to eat and listen as we went around and each told what we had done to prepare for or how we are going to celebrate. Then Sylvia said that she would take Jena home, so I did not have to haul her off before the gift exchange and door prize drawing. I called her this evening to make sure that she was, indeed, home safe and sound. She was and told me that I won a door prize which she has along with my present. Our Jena works at the Pig and I will be in there on Wednesday shopping so she can give me my "loot" then or, if she forgets, next Monday when we do the Cream City Writer's party at Antoinette's here in Plymouth.

I got to the Center just on time to meet when the leg arrived. We went down and Tim, after some explanation, put the leg onto the stump and he stood up. He has some discomfort on the shin, which is normal. Adjustments can be made to alleviate that, time will build up a resistance AND he has to practice really standing tall and not leaning forward. Tim did several adjustments, having him stand after each. However, a kind of abrasion happened on the scar area and two small blisters developed just in the four times he stood. SO, he took the leg back and will do some other important adjustments. He will be back in a week and we will try again. This will give the stump a chance to heal and we need to keep massaging it to help it toughen up.

Dick told his nurse that he was thinking of having his meals all in his room because he is so far from the dining room and his arms get SO tired and sore pushing himself all hat way. There are some rooms empty in hallway four which is the hall that has his dining room. The room he could have is only four doors from the elevator. It will be somewhat noisier and has a fire door which has to be either open or closed but not ajar BUT is closer and he likes that. He will be right next door to Pearl who says that she has been there in the same room for eleven years and she loves it. It has a nice view too of the flagpoles, trees and he will be able to look down on the parking lot if he wishes. It is room 404. I will let you know for sure tomorrow . He will probably move tomorrow.

I brought Chili and Guy Pie tonight and we had dinner in his room. The chili is still great and mellowing nicely.

I came home shortly after we ate after helping him with the things that I help him with. I was home shortly after 6PM and if we have the snow they promised may be here until Wednesday. I am supposed to go for a mamagram tomorrow morning at 8:30. We'll see if I can get out.

Barbara had some surgery today. I called and left a message that I would call tomorrow when she felt a bit stronger but she called me back. She had that surgery to remove excess skin after weight loss and said she feels good as long as she lays still. Pray that she heals quickly. She is a dear girl and I hate to think of her hurting.

Bible Study was nice today. There were eight of us . I Especially liked the second reading. It was from Paul's 2nd letter to the Thessalonians Chapter 5:16-24. It is a wonderful map for living starting with "Rejoice Always!" I like that a lot.

Love

Mary

No comments: