Thursday, December 11, 2008

No snow today. Good thing, we seemed to be still digging out from yesterday.

No walks for Chelsea and me. It is way to cold and way to slippery.

I went grocery shopping and to the bank this morning fairly early. I intended to go right over to see Dick but got a call from my friend, Gail McAleese, she and her husband Tom drove up from Milwaukee to pick up a box of mailings that needed to go out for Celtic Women and had been accidently left behind on Saturday.

So - I got over to the Center at about 11AM. Dick was in therapy so I waited for him there and then we went up to his new room. Yes, Indeed, He is all moved. His new room number is 404 it is just three doors down from the elevator - turn left instead of right when you get off. He is right next to Adelle, a darling gal, who told me that she has been there and in that same room for 11 years. She has a marvelous sense of humor and told me that I had better watch out because Dick is a very handsome man and many of the staff and patients have their eyes on him. Isn't that sweet. (She is probably right.)

We had dinner (the noon meal) together. I stayed until about 3PM then headed home to take care of Chelsea and get ready for the evening.

This was the big dinner/theatre evening for me and Mother. I got to her house at 5PM in case I had to do some shoveling of her ramp. But her wonderful neighbor had cleared it for her. Randy usually does it BUT he is on a business trip to St. Louis until Thursday. She and I went to Richards for dinner. I had steak and she had a fish platter. Then we went to Horace Mann Theatre and met Bobbie to see a really wonderful production of The King and I. Ralph outdid himself this time. He got some real talent and they performed their hearts out. I loved the King and the Uncle Thomas segment.

Now I am home and Chelsea is very irritated with me because I am spending her valuable sleep time posting to this blog so I will sign off now and go to bed. It is way to late for me anyway.

Love

Mary

No comments: